6.24.2008

Circus Fun ART!

This past Thursday's art camp featured animals you'd find in a circus. This was a particularly fun day for me because I LOVE the circus. These are my two favorite projects we did during the day. We made these most adorable Jennifer Murphy inspired elephants on balls. Did you know that chenilles and pom-poms do not come in gray? Nope. I hand dyed these babies on my stove with good old Rit dye, let them dry on my cookie racks, and then literally had to dry them in my dryer for 5 cycles. But, it was very worth it! Look at these cuties!
At the last Ringling Brother's Circus we attended they had tons of dogs, in costumes, doing super tricks. Drawing a dog is much easier than a horse, so we did these. Oh my goodness did they do well with this project. Max, a 6 year old made this one. Don't you love his ruffly collar and party hat?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails