3.23.2008

Happy Easter!



I made this tiny painting for the Naked Art Gallery awhile back. Mailey actually helped paint it, so she says half the selling money should be hers. Pretty smart. Speaking of Mailey, here's a new story from her mouth. On the way home last night from the Sheriff's campaign kick-off, she says to me,"Mom, we can't go to church tomorrow because it's Easter". Talk about my mouth falling open, tears welling up in my eyes, and a knife entering the heart! You see, we are a family that if the church is open, we are pretty much there. We love that part of our family life and think of our church family as our extended family. So heart broken, I stopped the van, and had a little talk with her. We've never stressed the bunny fantasy in our house. In fact, last year outside pressure got us and we hid eggs for them with each getting a golden egg with a gift card inside. This year we got them chocolate bunnies and singing toothbrushes (those who really know us, know my kids teeth problems, so this was a huge bunny hint!) and hid eggs. The bunny is not talked about around our house like the Santa man, so her statement came from out of the blue to me. After talking about Jesus and it being the day he arose from the dead, which she could totally tell me the entire story, and I reminded her that the Easter bunny really had nothing to do with this special day for Christians, she says....."Mommy, yes it does. You see God kissed the bunny on the day that Jesus died so that he could be alive and bring us gifts so that we would never forget" Oh, okay I said. Got the car back on the road and went home to ponder that one!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails