6.26.2015

Being Inspired

I have people email me all the time asking how do you stay inspired? How do you know what to paint? Etc...etc.... Well honestly I find inspiration in lots of places. I love Pinterest, instagram, looking out the windows on trips, books, and other artists work. It's kinda like a giant viewfinder wheel in my brain. At.All.Times. It gets annoying honestly because sometimes the ideas come so furiously I can't get them out. But you know what? Really what doesn't allow them out is ME. I am my own biggest road block to my creative process.

I'm reading this awesome book called time to make by Ginger Hendrix. I am so not gonna spoil it for you. Because you have to go out and by it. (run) And highlight and sticky note and read it twice. And help her become really famous for telling us all what we all need to hear. I can summarize for you this though: she says you need to get off your butt and make stuff. Stop making excuses. Some stuff may turn out like a pile a crap or it may be the next big thing. It may be sell worthy, it may not. You may think oh my gosh I am going to sell these like crazy and they end up in your basement the next 20 years and people will be going through it at your estate sale and yelling whoop whoop I found a crafter. The point is, making is important to YOUR life. (If you are reading this anyways. I always just assume everyone likes to make stuff. Your stuff doesn't have to be paintings. It could be photos, or cupcakes, or bread, or decorating, just stuff.)

Being inspired honestly takes very little effort. The trick is allowing the inspiration in. So many of us put up walls of "I can't do that" that you've started believing you can't. And so the inspiration gets shot down before it has a chance to even surface. I say put on your glasses, pour a glass of whatever you need to get the juices flowing and start something. Then hey....let me know whatcha made okay? Because I love being a part of your story too. Being here makes you part of mine. Right?



oh and PS.....if your making includes baking cookies they are my favorite food group in the pyramid. If you need my address let me know. wink...wink...

9 comments:

ceberus55 said...

Professional link building and website promotion, promote and improve your website's ranking in search engines by using our complete link building service.

Unknown said...

Ai guess im wondering how you paint....is it all black and then colorainted over and do you do tutorials?

thanida said...

Thank you. Its working in my blog:
sagame
sagame66
sagame77
sagame88

Michael Smith said...

Unmistakably obvious, thank you for another confusing post. What other spot will someone get such a nuances in a beast head way to deal with oversee manage control administer direct control direct control make? Multi week from now, I have a show, and I'm paying stunning frontal cortex to such a stuff. The HP Printer Error Code 0xc05d1281 occurs due to ink system failure. Contact us our helpline number to fix the error.

QuickBooks xpert said...

Nice Blog !
Our team at QuickBooks Customer Service Number makes sure that we provide the support that you need in these tough times.

James L Willis said...

You do excellent work. I found a lot of interesting information on your website. I wrote an article titled Top 5 Auto Clicker Software. Throughout this article, you will find a list of the top mouse clicking software. You can download those programs from my site and increase your clicking speed.

Anna Buckley said...

Sir, I've read your article in its entirety and I greatly admire it. It is one of the most useful blogs I have found. I'm eager to read more of your blog posts. The Number Pinner spins a wheel with all possible numbers to generate a random number. Decision-making was very simple for me. Visit this profile for more information Number Picker.

Ace Starlit said...

The houses of Ace Starlit, Noida had been conceived to deliver together exceptional and modernity. As a part of the greenest zone of NCR, This venture has been designed to bring nature in alliance with present day lifestyle. if you have any queries please Visit our site:- Ace Starlit

Rickey Tanner said...

This art work is really good. It's an information about painting. They also helped us how to painting. Now it's time to get Vfix services https://www.vfixphonesandtech.com/ for more information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails