2.10.2011

Your Story

I have always loved the old churches you see along the back roads through Alabama.  In fact, in college I did an entire lithograph series on one particular church I loved....one day I'll dust off the prints and show you!  While taking the photos of this particular church I got stung by a rather large bee.  Ouch!
I love the way the waxy brushstrokes leave a wood carved affect.  Love.  The words say, "this is where their story began".  I've been thinking a lot about how our stories begin.  How we meet people and why.  How people come into our lives and how they leave our lives.   And how they leave an imprint on our hearts.  Billy and I began our story in a church a little like this.  And I am pretty sure it has been the guiding force behind our marriage and all the love that has unfolded over the past 15 years. 
Obviously I am back today, trying to rest and catch up on studio work.   I flew in very early this morning through the most amazing cotton candy clouds I have ever seen.  And watched the sunrise over the endless sea of clouds.  When we broke the clouds to land a gentle snow dusting could be seen for miles.  This site reminded me of how magical life can be.  And how quickly it can change.  I really, really appreciate all of your kind words over the past few days.   I look forward to adding to my story and sharing the chapters here along the way with you.  xo Jenni

4 comments:

donna!ee said...

B E A UTIFUL!!! :)

Alicia said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your loved ones family. An excellent time to remember life's stories. This is a lovely painting.

Erin Butson said...

Love this piece. It is fun and interesting to think about how our stories began and how far they've come and where they are going.

Cre8tiveQueen said...

Just found you! You are are such an inpsiration! Beautiful, beautiful beautiful piece! I often wonder these same things. Why are we in the places we are... for a reason and a season. And the people that touch our lives... I'm so sorry you lost one that touched yours.
Your new follower,
Nat

Related Posts with Thumbnails