2.25.2013

Oh Disney Magic....

Another winter break has come and gone.  I was telling Billy that next year if William makes the high school baseball team that'll be the end of our family vacations during breaks.  He'll be on the field instead.  Which will be super amazing.  I love to watch him play.  But sad to think that his childhood is coming to an end. 

We had a wonderful trip.  This new hotel at Disney is AWESOME!!!  It's called Art of Animation.  We stayed in the Cars section in a suite.  Guys the suite was huge!  We had 2 bathrooms, bedroom, eating area that turned into a Murphy bed, mini kitchen and den area with sleeper sofa.  Needless to say we were comfortable!  The pools are of course over the top.  The above photo of Billy and I is in the Cozy Cone pool cabana...seriously.  How freaking cute is that?  Speaking of pools...we enjoyed them all a little each day since it was so warm.  Such a nice change from here.  Where it won't stop raining!
Outside our hotel is pictured above.  Disney doesn't miss a detail.  All the cars characters were scattered around this section of the hotel.  Life size that is.  The other sections you could stay in were the Lion King and The Little Mermaid.  They were equally over the top. 
We spent 2 days park hopping.  Since we were just here last year, this time we just hit the rides we wanted and moved on.  In Epcot we sat down to the best food ever in Morocco.  Like I still think about how yummy it was.  I love going to the parks at night so both nights we ran around like maniacs in the dark trying to ride our favorites before the parks closed.  (Magic Kingdom was open until 12 midnight Monday!!).  The kids are at such an easy age to drag around and not complain or cry.  Love them.
Around the pool one afternoon they had tons of fun activities for the kids.  Mailey of course hopped right in and played for 2 hours.  She doesn't know a stranger.  William chillaxed with me and hit the game room.  Unfortunately Billy got called away for work.  Booo...hissss.....

So this was probably our last Disney vacation until they are much older.  Or when they have widdle ones of their own that I insist on taking to meet Mickey Mouse.  We've reached that magic age.....kinda makes me sad.  The parks are truly spectacular in so many ways.  As an artist I see the details on top of details.  I feel transported when I'm in each part of the parks.  I don't like leaving the magic behind.   But my reality isn't so bad.  With huge events around the corner there's magic to be made right here at home.  I've got a 41st birthday around the bend.....be looking for exciting news on the 52 Canvases Project later this week. 

I hope you had a lovely break...see you later this week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails