12.25.2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Whew. The day is almost over. And it has been such a fun one. It seems like just yesterday though that we had last Christmas. I remember as a child it never felt this way! But now as I watch my little ones throughout the year, it almost seems I blink and we are off to the next. I had promised myself this year would be more relaxed, that I'd take it all in better and enjoy the season. I'm not saying I didn't, but I did stay a bit too busy. One thing we did differently with our children however, is shop early and not get stressed about the bills and not being able to find what we wanted. We still don't own a wii if that gives you any indication of our Christmas last year. This year we hit the nail on the head with William getting a basketball goal and Mailey the S'mores pony. He's dribbled and shot baskets until I think his fingers have blisters and Mailey has groomed and played mommy to her fur real friend all day (7am wake-up not too bad). They also received the little I-pods as a trial run on them. Mailey has not taken them out of her ears since we downloaded some of her favorites- Ingrid Michaelson, Sara Bareilles, Allison Kraus- Mom's favorites too and of course High School Musical. William has not sat still long enough all day to listen to his!

We are off to south Alabama for the Lewis family gathering which includes my Mother, Sissy, 2 aunts, cousins, little sis and her husband. The weekend is sure to include tons of yummy eating, fellowship, and some time out in Gosport shooting my new , well actually not new but new to me, 38 revolver my Father gave me last weekend at the Adkins family gathering. It is a beauty! I found this while searching for the above file. It has to be Mailey's 2nd Christmas, where she's 1 so William is 3. OMG she has changed so much in looks. William is just a bigger version of himself here, and he's wearing the construction boots he wore always always, so sweet. And they used to love on each other all the time. He carried her and held her ALL the time. Now they fight wayyyyyyy too much! Gotta show them this and maybe it'll joggle the good old days again!

Hope you and your families had a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails