1.15.2009

Birdhouses for the Felties

I had this sweet customer email me before the Christmas holidays asking if I'd ever made birdhouses for my felted birds. She'd bought a few items for her daughter's room at the Marist Show from me, but needed a few more goodies for the "big girl" room. She has it decorated in the Pottery Barn bird theme which is so much like my little paintings. Just perfect. So of course I said yes, and finally I have them all complete and ready to deliver to Kristen very soon! When they hang on the wall, the pink larger one in the middle has this fun bottom full of ribbons that will hang down. I had fun decoupaging, painting and adding ribbons and buttons to these new houses.
I made the felted birds first and had them like little muses on my art desk while painting their homes. I had already painted the houses the base coat and was planning to pattern them with my brush and paints. Then last week while roaming Michael's I came across this new line by Making Memories called Chloe's Closet. I just had to buy everything in the set! It's adorable stuff. On the houses I used the buttons and some paper from it. I also used some vintage sheet music. Once I was done with the houses I decided they looked a bit too newish. So I rubbed the edges with some brown paint to give them the worn in look.




Overall I am tickled with the outcome. I can't wait to make the special delivery soon!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails