12.03.2009

Rainy Days Don't Get Me Down.....Well Actually...

It's been raining here again. I pass a small horse farm everyday and once again the poor horses were desperately seeking high ground because their small pond was more of a lake in their pasture. And now that the weather is cooling, the rain is even more unpleasant to get out and about in. And most uninspiring I have to say. I finally have a clean desk, clean house, Christmas decorations up and presents wrapped. And guess what I did today? Got back in my comfy clothes after the gym hour and did nothing. Yep. Me, Jenni Horne actually vegged in the BED with the old lady cat and dog. Boy were they tickled to have Mommy around. BTW there is nothing on TV worth watching during the day.
So I am sending you out tonight with an up close view of a newer umbrella painting. An umbrella.....have you noticed how cool they are now? They come from very tiny to large enough for a small army, have amazing patterns or solid beautiful colors, and are very swift to open with one little finger. But all accomplish the same thing. They shelter us from the rain. And those of us with a little more punch to our personality you can tell, because we have the patterned umbrellas, and maybe even some super cool zebra print rain boots. Look at your umbrella and think about it, does it tell anything about you? Then look around the next time it rains and try and guess a personality based on a stranger's umbrella (or are they the stubborn ones without an umbrealla?). I betcha it'll tell you tons. And it'll give you something to giggle about if you run into them in the Target isles later on.

6 comments:

Contessa Kris said...

Love the art. I guess I'm one of the stubborn ones because i don't have an umbrella. Or can't seem to find it. The last one I did have was an old one from Japan, intricate patterns and designs, reminiscent of another time. I loved it but the wind ruined it one day turning it inside out and breaking it.

Enjoy your day of laying around in solitude.

linda said...

Beautiful artwork...and so thoughtful the discussion on umbrellas. It's so true that the things we own and the items we choose for our life...really reflect who we are - if people notice that is. Hmm...now I'm going to be the weird chick staring at people's umbrellas, it's raining a lot here in Italy as well!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy at LottieBird said...

Now staying in bed with the pets. THAT is inspiring!

Cindy at LottieBird said...

But do I have to wait until all is clean and wrapped to climb back into bed? No wonder I don't treat myself to that kind of day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails