3.14.2011

The To Do List....(from years ago)

So you know you have them, to do lists from years ago.  In my cleaning like a mad woman to get this house ready to sell I found a few of those projects packed away in the garage.  Which was fun!  So today I finished up a project from literally 3 years ago!  Yep.  I made the pillows in the brown chair below as a little sewing project for the new art studio.  By the way, see how much the studio has changed in 3 years!!  WOW! 


Today I stitched away on 6 pillows.  Now I have to tell the truth.  I did not make the white forms for these pillows today.  3 years ago I bought the outside and insides to make more of the bird pillows above.  And never got around to doing them.  Today however, I got the itch to sew and add the fun part, the NEST.  Oh my, I am in love with the way the nest turned out.  Funny thing is the other 5 pillows have the crewel work pieces I finished up this past summer.  I had one pillow form left and thought, maybe I could make a nest with the scraps from the other 5.  And well, it's a puffy heart thing.
  And the only one so far...........
So tell me, what's in your garage waiting to be finished by your creative heart?

7 comments:

Catherine Denton said...

Wish it was something as cute as that! I do have a board waiting to be painted that was once too intimidatingly large to tackle. But I'm learning to be brave, so maybe soon...
My Blog

mama bleu said...

love the pillow. absolute adorable!!!

at my house the garage is my husband's workshop so my unfinished projects are in my attic or our guest room closet. there are so many to choose from. i should do some cleaning of my own and see what i find.

Felicia said...

I have soooo many half finished projects - having seen this, i'm inspired to take out my sewing machine and finish some of them!
Your nest is really cute!

Cre8tiveQueen said...

I have a mountain to proujects in my Art room... they are kind of taking over! The probelem is... people are always giving me things they think I can use, and I just can't say "No!" Mainly because I hate to see good stuff thrown away - that can be turned in to ART! =) LOVE THE PILLOWS! Wow!

Anonymous said...

HUGE puffy heart love! Very inspiring - makes me want to get in my craft room and work on something!! xo Renee

Alicia said...

The nest pillow is incredibly cute! I am trying to finish knitting the sweater I started 15 years ago!

Angie Traunig said...

Love the nest! Free motion sewing is on my 'to learn' list.

I've gotten the sewing itch again too. I have a pile of old well loved tshirts and colorful wool sweaters waiting to be turned into plushies. And some spoonflower fabric to make into pouches for mini coloring book and colored pencil kits.

Related Posts with Thumbnails