9.19.2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes I find myself in a creative lull.  Yep.  Been there done that, right peeps?  Other times it's like the ideas come so fast you get in total freak out create mode.  Right?  And then there are the moments that you hear the angels singing.  You know what I am talking about you just are flat out afraid to speak it!!!!  Well, not this chick.  Man, this is my favorite idea to date.  Really. 

Ok, I love painting.  Love the campers, nests, bikes, etc....  But this idea with the flower cabochons.  I just LOVE IT.  I took Stephanie's soldering metal class.  I did.  And I made the nests like she said, and I added the brass components like she said, but still.....how do you find your own voice when there is a choir out there already singing the song with you?  I really don't want to be a part of a choir when it comes to creating an authentic art voice.  Of course with mediums you kind of have to.  It's not like I am a scientist that can invent a new form of paint or wax.  It is what it is.  But the ideas I take to the canvas or to the soldering brick, well honestly I try very hard to make them authentic. 

It's hard though.  There are so many artists out there making stuff.  Lots of stuff.  And sometimes ideas are so floaty that they get into other people's heads too which makes them seem less special.  It's like ideas are universal....like we are all speaking the same arty language at the same time.  So when I hear the angels singing, well it makes me grin from ear to ear.  And this is how I feel about the Flower Garden Series below.  I can not wait to make more and develop this line of jewelry further.  The best part is that I am finally using all those flower cabochons I've been hoarding for a rainy day.  I can not get enough of them.  Nope.  And now that I have the idea for them....well.  It's a garden growing sorta day in the Horne House!!






So, have you heard the angels singing lately?  I sure would like to know the ideas you are busting at the seams to share!! 

11 comments:

Tweetybirds said...

Jenni - these are heavenly! I think I heard the angels sing as I was looking at them. Where have you been finding the flower cabachons? I hear angels singing with other ideas for them. Thanks for sharing.

~ Dawn ~ said...

I WANT... I WANT... I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of my favorite things you have ever made! I LOVE THEM!!! Are any going to the flea or just your show!??????

Unknown said...

Dawn they are already at the flea!!! Tweetybird I get them on etsy. Just put in supplies and flower cabachons. :)

Melissa I. said...

Will you have these at the show in October? These are lovely!

Unknown said...

gearing up for the holiday markets I am creating some "proto-types" for me everything is cuter in an embroidery hoop! http://www.flickr.com/photos/artsymomma_on_etsy/6163797641/in/photostream

Unknown said...

woops! My link didnt work!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/
artsymomma_on_etsy/6163797641/
in/photostream

Angie Traunig said...

So gorgeous. Good job!

Dale said...

Love these pieces of jewelry. Love your painting too and I'm looking forward to your class at Art and Soul in VA. I'm so glad to hear someone voice what I've been thinking. How do I give voice to my work and remain unique AND in which voice am I singing today? I've painted, done pottery, wet felted, woven, spun, fabricated jewelry in sterling silver and now I am back to painting. There really is so much art being done and I don't know that there is more now than say 10 years ago but the internet has made it more prevalent. I see so much though that when I make something or paint something I have to stop to think is this MY idea, is it original or did I see this somewhere? I love to look at art everywhere for inspiration but I never want to be copying someone else. I has to be uniquely me in the end. Makes me wonder if I am an artist or just having an identity crisis!

Artsy Matilda said...

I love that you put into words about "floaty ideas" and how they get in to other people's heads. You always just put it into perfect perspective and I thank you! Love the new stuff! It's the best feeling to use all those pieces we hoard for a rainy day. Congratulations on the angels singing.
xoxo

Dianne said...

You absolutely nailed this one! They are amazing! I've been trying to come up with an original idea myself... or at least something that I can make my own and develop my own style and voice. It's very difficult... I haven't heard any angels singing yet!

buy rift account said...

Great! what a wonderful creation.. super like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails