10.21.2014

Adoption Fundrasier for the Jupin Family

Last week I was sent an email that melted my heart. A blogger friend (in my sweet home state of Alabama) is in the process of adopting a child from the Ukraine. To offset the ENORMOUS expenses of getting him from his country to ours artists from across the country are banding together to create an instagram auction. Kindness of strangers blessing this sweet family. It was a no-thinker for me when she asked if I'd be willing to donate an item to this cause. You see, this year we've had 2 children join our school that were in this little boy's shoes. They were in an orphanage in the Ukraine, living like no tiny human should have to live. One of our school families adopted these 2 children and within a week of being on American soil joined our classrooms. At first I was a little scared. I have no Russian in my back pocket. However these 2 children have blossomed in the mere 12 weeks we've been in school. In fact, I get a tad teary thinking about the blessings they have become to the children and faculty here at Arbor Springs. You should see the American children teaching these Ukraine children with such patience and compassion. The 4th grade boy comes in and talks my ear off every time. I only wish I knew what he was so enthusiastically telling me! And the little girl has a smile that will melt your heart.

So, when Amy asked, I replied YES! Here is her sweet blog and story about the process here. They hope to meet "Jude" in early November. The details on how you can purchase this painting I have donated to the auction is below. The auction is only tomorrow from 1:00 central time until 9PM. So please consider buying an item in the sale. Bid away!!
This painting is 8x8 on a 1.5" cradled wood canvas. The sides are stained. It can hang on the wall or sit in a bookcase perfectly. The starting bid is $45.oo. I will be paying the shipping.

The auction will be held on Wednesday, October 22nd. Amy will begin posting photos of all the goodies donated on Instagram under this username: auctionforjude  at 1:00 central time. The bidding ends at 9:00PM. You bid and bid until then. If someone bids and you are like, "Hey I wanted that"...bid on top of them!  Let's bless this sweet family blogger friends!! After the bidding closes Amy will send me the address of where the painting is going and I will personally be shipping it to you.

I thank you ahead of time for supporting my artsy journey and this dear family. I love that the internet allows us the opportunity to know people from across the globe. My tag has been for years....scatter joy. This is an amazing opportunity for us to all do just that.

1 comment:

Webroot.com/safe said...

webroot.com/safe is a protection software solution that communicates with the cloud avoiding the hassle to manage the signature updates to deploy. for office setup visit support.office.com/setup

Related Posts with Thumbnails