5.19.2009

The Power of the Prefix RE...

I found this great page in Martha Stewart the other day and thought how appropriate for my nesting habit. As stated a couple of posts ago, "nesting" as I call it, is something I enjoy doing regularly. It occasionally begins as a simple cleaning. However, sometimes the nesting is quite deliberate and much needed. I'm supposed to be on hand/arm rest for two weeks. Hmmmmm...what to do during this time? Well, it all started with a garbage bag in my bathroom. You see, my make-up needed cleaning out. And then this happened........

Billy, would it be okay if I re-did the bathroom? Sure Jenni. I then set out to renew, refresh, revitalize my bathroom, in one day. I really wish I'd remembered to take pictures of the before. I can give you a bit of a run down though. The walls are chartreuse green, and have been for awhile. The shape of this bath meant I still liked the green and absolutely was not going to repaint it. The Radiant grate was found at a local flea market several years ago, the vintage glass towel bar at The Vintage-Fea today!

The cabinet.....this was the trigger for the painting. It was a wonderful pumpkin color I'd painted a few years ago. But it was definitely time for an upgrade. And I love it, the cool gray makes the whole room feel much richer! The other element I painted gray was the wall that divides the shower and toilet area. It was pumpkin as well. The creamy linoleum will be torn out as soon as I have the energy. My plan is to stain the concrete like I did in William's room.

On my side of the vanity I hung a vintage tool sales stand I found at a flea market years ago to hold all my necklaces. I LOVE to wear necklaces, and this way I can see them all, and they are no longer tangled. The window towel bar has been up for about 10 years. I believe that it is now permanently attached to the wall.

One of the other big changes was the potty area. I added the two shelves over the toilet for more linen storage. I also added a Valerie original. Yep, Valerie it is now in the bath. But I am in there quite often, and it really gives my new bath a Domino appeal. The other accessories were either in my house already or in the storage unit. The only expenses in this upgrade were the new switch plates, new light fixture, new towels, shelving, and a gallon of paint. I think the bills total under $200. What a great upgrade! I plan to share more parts of our home over the summer as my painting slows down. Our house is such a fun family home, but there is always a need to revitalize. Let's see what's next........

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails