8.04.2011

Hello, I am an ART TEACHER

Nothing like getting loads good news in a short spell.  Yep.  Too much.  My head is still spinning.  Want to know why?  Of course you do!!  So here goes the list:
1.  Our house sale is progressing fabulously.  No hitches as of yet.  I say yet, because there is always the unknown....right?
2.  We found a HOUSE, finally.  Offer accepted.  And loan process in progress.  Whew. 
3.  If all goes well we move in 21 days.  Yeah.  I know.  And yes.  I am freaking out a tinge.  Just a tinge.  but that's is normal, right?
4.  I had a beautiful delivery to my door yesterday of orange flowers from a sweet blog reader....she thought I might be needed those orange flowers about now.  She was right.
5.  I started my job today.  Um.  Yep.  JOB.  Ok, I know I already had many jobs some that paid, some that didn't.  This is a big girl job with a photo ID, work email with my name in it, and a room with my name on it!!  Oh, and a real paycheck with retirement deductions.  Now if my calculations are correct I just need 22 more years, or is it 26?  How old will I be then......old.  The music and PE teacher and I joked today about our "extended maternity leave" and how we were all gonna have rockin' walkers when we were teaching at 70 due to this leave.  Music will have chimes, PE will have built in nerf gun war ball shooters and I'll have a nice paint dispensing system built in so I can walk/roll around the desks and dispense paint with ease.  It's going to be great.

So here are some pics of my sweet room.  Meet the teacher is tomorrow and kids come in full swing Monday!!  Wohooooo!!  Here goes a new exciting chapter.  And of course, I had to bring along my orange.



The room is obnoxious in size.  It is a dreamy room chocked full of paper, glue, markers, crayons, paint, clay and more.  And soon, little artists.  I can not wait. 

I'll be sure to share my newest paintings this weekend.  Yes, I am painting too.  It's my saving grace during all this chaos.

11 comments:

nacherluver said...

Woo hoo! What fun! You and the kids will have a BLAST!!!!
Congrats on your plethora of positivity.

;0)

LR said...

congratulations. the kids will know soon how lucky they are to have an art teacher like you. best wishes on the house front.

mama bleu said...

So much great news! Congratulations!!

Christina Carnoy said...

Congratulations! You are so lucky to have found a job as an art teacher! Hope you have a wonderful year with the kids!

Felicia said...

Oh Jenni, this looks fabulous! what ages are you teaching? congratulations, and I hope you'll tell us about the house too, What an exciting time for you!

This Moment said...

Congrats to you!!! I love the entrance to your classroom--so inviting! I would've loved you as an art teacher for sure. Best wishes:)

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I am an elementary teacher (well, at home right now with my little ones), but I think it is FABULOUS that your school has an actual art teacher! What lucky kids! Many times programs like that are cut. I wish you the best!!!

Alicia said...

Cutest artroom door ever, love that awning! Congratulations!

Jennifer Jackson Taylor said...

How exciting Jenni. Congratulations on everything.

Unknown said...

Enjoy the journey!

Sabrina said...

What an incredible room and opportunity (for both you and the kids). Our public school only has a volunteer docent art program that works with the kids once a month!! It's not a bad program and we have a lot of artsy parents to help BUT it's simply not enough time for the kids to get a sense of it all!! You all are very fortunate!

Related Posts with Thumbnails