8.22.2013

Today

I posted on instagram last night a new painting.  And then it sold.  Already.  I know.  I actually got into my studio and painted at night!  After last spring I really thought this teaching year was going to be disastrous.  In fact I was ready with a plan B should I have to quit teaching within the first 6 weeks.  I was NOT going to repeat last year's weekly doctor visits, constant pain, and basic unhappy life.  Nope.  I wasn't. 

But friends....yesterday I went up to the bookkeeper (my buddy and sounding board always at school) and told her Wednesday was my new happy day.  Because by Wednesday I was on cloud 9 with how good the students were being.  And my after school art classes....Oh my goodness.  Dreamy beyond dreamy.  And one class has 28.  I am insane.  But when 28 all want to be there and their parents are paying a nice fee, well it works pretty well.  For everyone.

My point to this post is that sometimes incredible can be found.  I don't want to jinx myself, but so far we are finding such a happy routine that it is allowing the incredible into our lives again.  Something we desperately needed.  Thanks for hanging in there with me.  Wait til you see what I have in store for the Holiday show season.  It's going to be so good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails