6.08.2009

Sketchbook Inspirations

I decided to give you a sneak peak into my little sketchbook world. I try and get my ideas into this book, but alas, lately I've been slack. While on hand rest last month though, I did explore the left hand a bit and made these fun doodles that I am sure will make it into some new paintings soon!
I put all sorts of goodies into my books, from doodles, color scheme ideas, magazine clips, cards, etc. I was taught to make what are called "thumbnails" to map out compositions before going to the final stage. So my book is full of these little boxes with little compositions in them. This is now a habit I enjoy and helps later down the road when I have a idea block. I can just flip through this book and find an idea I've yet to work through. I really like the Popsicle idea.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails