6.02.2009

Tweet Nights

Sometimes I say yes to things without really thinking them through. And this was one of those times. Vero at Naked Art Gallery is hosting a great show called Electric Oddities in September which she asked me to participate by making 3 lamps. Seriously I had no idea what I was going to do, lamps are not really my forte. I strolled through several thrift shops over the past couple of weeks to find bases and shades and then just like that, the ideas came to me. I am so glad now that I am participating and really love the final products. Getting out of my "box" has now opened up a new opportunity to express myself.

The above is a floor lamp with larger gauze shade. It's painted with what I call my circus look.
This is by far my favorite find. It was a thrift store gem in the rough! The driftwood was already attached in a perfect perch for this little felted baby. I painted the base white, added some felted leaves and berries, and gauze the shade. The top lamp was a serious eye sore. But now, the Tweet Night stamped on the shade along with the collaged elements make it a sweet finished product.

3 comments:

Becky said...

This is gorgeous...I LOVE IT.!

K said...

These are great! love them. Kim Rowland

Shannon said...

Those are beautiful! I bought "Tickled Pink" from your mom at the Vintage Flea a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It's in my daughter's room - and I even took a picture for my blog and linked to you so my friends can see your gorgeous things. Thanks! Shannon

Related Posts with Thumbnails