4.29.2010

One Busy Weekend

Last night I couldn't sleep. It was like Santa was coming today for some reason. My head was spinning with remember this and remember that, set up this set up that, etc. You see, I am headed to The Weselyan School in Norcross, GA for their annual Spotlight on Art this afternoon. It's a great show. The opening reception is tonight, Friday is 8am-7PM and Saturday is 10-2. I can not wait to meet new buyers and talk about all the new work I have to share. It's going to be great.On my way home Saturday I'll have to swing by The Vintage-Flea to grab extra goodies from my booth, then the storage unit for display screens. I'll spend the night getting ready to go out again on Sunday. Sunday is Serenbe's annual May Day event. I LOVE this show. Really. Tons of very happy people. And a fabulous environment to boot! Whew. But that's not all......
On the home front my son William has a baseball game tonight and Saturday. Mailey has Brownies Friday PM. Both kids have their annual Field Day festivities on Friday. Our annual church BBQ is Saturday where my husband is one of the meat cookers. Now a BBQ? Big deal you say. But this is serious beef BBQ. We make about $25,000 on this fundraiser every year. So yeah, it's a big deal. And it's so good it'll make you slap yo' mamma!
And if that wasn't enough to make your heads SPIN. Today is day 40 of this legislative session. For those of you not in Georgia, our legislative session is only 40 days. But these are not consecutive....nope. Billy started the "official" 40 days in January. You do the math on that one. Let's just say this has been a very, very long session. I may head down to the Capitol to hang out after my reception tonight. They will pound the ginormous gavel at 12 midnight. It's a cool tradition I don't want to miss. Or I may fall out in my hotel room and dream of selling all my paintings. I hope you have a wonderful weekend......and if you are anywhere near these two shows please come by and say "HAY! I read your blog!" That'd be so swell. Later....J

2 comments:

gypsysticks said...

wow! love the bicycle with the streamers blowing in the breeze! If I was ANYwhere near GA, I would love to stop by. But as I am not, best of luck to you and enjoy your happy weekend.
Blessings and happiness...

Robin said...

Good Luck with the busy-ness of your weekend. Sounds like some great fun and food. If I were in Georgia I would for sure stop by and say Hay! And also buy one of your pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails