1.12.2010

Good Things Do Happen

I truly believe that good things happen to people each and everyday. Even on the worst of days, something good has happened, you may simply have overlooked it because bad things tend to make more noise. Sure, it's easier to dwell on the bad, but seriously, the good you have in your life is a much greater influence. Try and focus on one thing a day that is truly good, something to be thankful for. Write it down on a sticky note and attach it to your steering wheel, bathroom mirror, just somewhere as a gentle reminder. You'll find that as days go by, you'll start adding to the list, or noticing a pattern. Sometimes as a family we sit around the dinner table and say our high and low points of the day. I want my children to recognize as well that life has plenty of uck, but it has plenty of wonderful. And again, seeing patterns as to what gives you joy and pain is good to understand. Somerset magazines has started a publication about this subject, life. Living life, and seeing the good there is to be had when you open your heart and mind up to it. Simple things are featured in this issue, like taking a bath outside. Hey, I've used outdoor showers at the beach and seriously it is a very good thing. So this week has been one of those weeks where good and happy things are seeping from my pores, and it's only Tuesday. I find that really BIG good things, well they tend to travel in 3's. And I'd like to share those with you. So here are my 3 for this week.....ooooo...weeeeee....it's a good one!
1. I got to meet Kelly Rae Roberts at the Demdaco showroom. You'd have thought I was meeting the President I was so excited and flushed. Okay, well not the best example for me....maybe the last president. Anyhoo..... 2. I met a lovely lady named Anne. I don't want to jinx anything. But let's just say that was a really good, good. 3. At Barnes and Noble yesterday the new Somerset Life Magazine was on the shelves. And in it was my newest article. sigh...

My son William while checking out was beaming.....he kept saying to the check out clerk, "My Mommy is in that magazine." She did not hear him though because she was too busy trying to sell me on that darn club thingy that's $25. Finally I stopped her and said, he's trying to tell you something. Then she oooed and ahhhhed over the article. And yes, I was happy, but man William was beaming! You see, this article was all about the two with me, Mailey and William, complete with super pics of them. Which he thought was way cool. I hope you'll pick the magazine up soon. In it are many thoughtful articles on living a life that includes being silly sometimes. There were articles by many people I recognized, which always gives me tummy butterflies. I noted one from the Swirly Girl and Kelly Rae. Both of which are represented by Demdaco too. Small world. Well, doors are opening here in this studio and I am excited about the potential that lies ahead. I hope that you see some GOOD today in your life too and aren't afraid to share it.

3 comments:

linda said...

Congrats on all the success! It's great to hear all the positivity, the possibility and good things in the world - in contrast to news and all the downers these days. Oh and I'm totally wondering what is number 2. all about!

LR said...

yes, the somerset article is how i found your blog and art. best wishes.

Dianne said...

Yes good things do happen! And after a very rough year, I am definitely counting my blessings. Congrats on all the good things happening to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails