4.01.2011

Field Trip Friday!!

Hey guys!!  It's been awhile since I shared a field trip with you.  And boy is this a fun one!!  So last Friday my artsy buddy Laura and I headed off on an adventure for the day.  First stop, the bead storeThe bead store.....
 Isn't it dreamy?   Ooooooooooo......it'll make your head swim it's so......beady........
In actuality it's completely a totally overwhelming head spinny place to visit.  I always go with a detailed list in hand.  Always.  Plus I have a certain aesthetic I look for.  Sometimes it's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.  The one strand I wanted like ten million of she had none of.  Bummer.  But I did score some amazing beads for the new necklace designs and  30 feet of brass chain.  My new favorite bead is a laboradite.  It's quite dreamy.  And my bag FULL of beady dreaminess was only $124.00.  Yep. 
Next stop on our list was to head to the highlands....Virgina Highlands that is.  This is the city I BEGGED Billy to live in when we were looking for homes 15 years ago.  It's hip, trendy, artsy, and oh the houses are amazing!!  But alas, I lost and we became suburbanites.  Sigh..... So now I get to visit and enjoy the city when I want.  It's not like it's hours away.  Virginia Highlands has a hip street of shopping.  Our first stop was a store that unfortunately was closing that had some of Laura's amazing jewelry pieces.  Got them, a nice stash of cash, and off we went.  Next stop was lunch.  Ok.  Now I am going to go overboard with this.  So just bear with me.  But seriously it deserves an overboardness.  This may be my new favorite eating spot.  Yeah! Burger.  And by that I mean Yeah! Burger is the name.  Although after eating it, you will shout YEAH!
So why does a burger joint deserve such excitement?    Because it is crazy good.  First you choose the meat.....organic beef, organic chicken, organic bison, or the organic veggie burger.  Then you choose the bun:  fresh baked white, wheat or gluten free.  I must stop now and tell you that NEVER have I had such delight from a bun on my palette.  Nope.  I usually go bun less.  Big fan of lettuce burgers.  But here I will ALWAYS go bun.  Then the topping list goes on and on....all local and organic.  Even the dang ketchup is organic!!  OH and organic local pickles are a must.  Because pickles and I......well I love them.  Fries can be gluten or non-gluten, but are all hand cut.  Then the sauce choices comes into play.  Now I am a fan of the YEAH!  sauce.  Can't explain it.  It's smokey, and yet sweet.  And it is so good I imagine you could put it on ice cream.  Yep. 

This is a multi-napkin meal.  I must warn you.  But when you are done, sitting back and rubbing your rather robust belly from the yummy meal, you will indeed thank me for suggesting it.  Yep.  In case you are wondering where this delightful YEAH! place is, check the heart Virginia Highlands, can't miss it and then Mid-town on Howell Mill Road.  BTW, my buddy Tiffin is totally to blame for my now obsession with eating here.  hehehhee....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a grand time! I can not wait to see what you craft frim the goodies you scored! Where is the Bead Store? I thought there might be a connecting link but there were errors :( thasnk! Renee xo

~ Dawn ~ said...

WHERE is that bead shop!

Anonymous said...

Ditto...What's the name of the bead store? Is it open to the public or just wholesale?

Lessons Learned said...

great Jenni, i've been craving Yeah! Burger since reading this yesterday. lol.

laura lee said...

oh wow! i enjoy following your blog- i walk past yeah burger every day! that's my neighborhood, we love it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails