4.23.2011

Subtlle Simplicity

Subtle.  I have a hard time with this act......of being subtle.  Just being around me once you'd understand.  I have a very LOUD voice, loud laugh and tend to talk with my hands.  Yeah.  But I can't imagine being any other way.  It's me.  And like I said on Wednesday I want you to know me.  So there's another tid bit about me, that I know, recognize and embrace. 

I joked with our BB gun coach recently that I was pretty sure I knew most of my faults (he was btw getting on to me for being too LOUD in the holding tent).  He replied, those faults you want to recognize that is......and then he went on to say usually those are your strongest traits as well.  I suppose those traits do come in handy while teaching a room full of excited young artists.  And well, these traits do help in a room full of people I don't know.   I can literally strike up a conversation with anyone.  To many people's annoyance sometimes!  hehehe....Yeah, I'll take my not being subtle personality.  It fits me just fine.

5 comments:

donna!ee said...

wow, you have just described my experiences as well. how wonderful to know that i'm not the only one settling into my own "subtle". THANK YOU MUCH FOR SHARING MATTIE!!!! :)

Catherine Denton said...

What a beautiful and freeing post. Your artwork always lifts my spirits and I really needed lifting today. Thank you for sharing your gift.
My Blog

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your artwork.

julie king said...

i also have a loud voice and use my hands to "talk". i've been interviewing for jobs lately and i often wonder how all that energy translates at an interview. we shall see.

Felicia said...

They aren't faults just (as you say) who you are. The world would be a boring place if we were all the same! everyones "subtle" is different.
By the way, I LOVE your art, it is uplifting! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails