4.03.2011

The Truth

Yesterday while watching my son's baseball games and weaving little nest pendants I began to watch those around me.  Parents mingling with one another, making small talk all the while hoping that their son will make the next big hit or amazing play in the field.  You can see it in their eyes....the anticipation.  The boys are playing 11u travel ball.  It's "real" this year.  It's no more trophies, it's about points accumulated to play in the Little League World Series.  Yep.  Now please do not get me wrong, I LOVE to watch my William play.  He is amazing.  But what really inspires me is how they as a team have begun to know each other, and can anticipate plays.  I love that they win as a team, as well as loose as a team. 

Sometimes I wish friendships could be a little like this.  I wish my team could anticipate when I need more or less room at the plate.  Or when I hit a homerun they are all on that plate chanting like mad men!  Better yet, after striking out they are in the dugout saying, "man, you'll get it next time!"  Yes, I want those around me to know my heart. 

So as I navigate the silence today, working toward goals in the studio the team will be back at the field.  Cheering one another on as parents watch in anticipation.   Of course I know I'm not all alone in the studio.....you guys are right here with me in the journey.   And I am pretty sure you know my heart.  :)

6 comments:

Alicia said...

I love this composition. It is calm and simple and elegant, but at the same time it is also whimsical and cheery - perfect!

Angie said...

Trust me, we're all with you on those alone days in the studio (or dining room table, lol). For me it's T, W and Thursdays. :)

rachel awes said...

to know you is to adore
you & your art! beautiful! xo

donna!ee said...

what a blessing you are! so soothing as you speak the truth within...thank you much!! :)

Beth HF said...

Rah rah sis boom bah!!! (that's my cheer for you:) for the art team!
xo,Beth

Kristin Dudish said...

This post is wonderful... Blog/Art friends become like teammates :)

This painting is so beautiful... I always love your textures and the colors are fantastic!

xo
Kristin

Related Posts with Thumbnails