6.10.2011

Field Trip Friday!!

The second weekend of every month here in Atlanta we have an amazing Antique market called Scott's.  It's just about a 40 minute drive from my house.  I've not been in a few months and thought maybe the kids would want to go today.  So I asked them yesterday and surprisingly they were very excited about it! (which saved me getting a sitter!)  You can only imagine the places I've drug these two to.  From icky thrift stores, every art store within a two state radius, antique stores, flea markets, and galleries they've shopped in just about every type of place there is.  They have, in the past, not been the most pleasant shopping company.  So I was super happy they wanted to go, but also a little nervous about their stamina in the 99' heat and ability to stay focused on the fun of the giant market.  Well much to my surprise they LOVED IT!!  We stayed over 4 hours and could have gone longer but I wanted to beat traffic getting home.  William had to go through every tent outside meticulously, and got very ill with me when we skipped one I thought to be less interesting.  He already has a little collection of pocket knives and for some reason today they were in every booth.  Literally.  He scored a tiny necklace charm pocket knife and one that is like a canteen knife with a fork, knife, spoon, can opener, etc.  Real cool.

Above was a favorite find.... a tandem bike!!!  We could not figure out whose it was, so we had to leave it.  But man I wanted it for my booths.  Of course my little voice of reason Mailey was like, "Mom, where are you going to put that?"  Below is the cutest stinkin' thing I've ever laid my southern eyes on.  A deluxe chicken house.  If we get to move I've already promised the family we are starting a large veggie garden and raising chickens for fresh eggs.  We will be coming back to get one of these for our girls!!
 I picked up some fabulous spools for jewelry displays and a wooden rack for jewelry as well.  And then there was the mack daddy find of the century.  Ok artist peeps....get ready to be very jealous of me.  See:
I know!!!!  I know!!!!  It's heavy as crap because it's solid wood.  And that wood is covered in its previous owners paint!  I can only imagine the artist at work using this amazing cart.  Best part, I opened up the drawers and to my surprise there were art supplies in every drawer.  And the owner said, "it comes with all that junk...I'll take $100 bucks for it".  I was trying so hard not to do a kart-wheel.  Yep.  Vintage supplies!!  There are amazing treasures in the unit from an old rubber date stamp that had only the years 1956-1960 to watercolors for hand tinting photos!  There is one drawer pictured below that is full of exacto knives and blades.  I have no idea who would need that many of that particular tool.  In fact, after taking off half my thumb in college with one I have a total fear of that particular tool!  Yuck is right.

The paint is of course dried out, but I am already thinking what a cool display in my booth!  I'll definitely be taking this sweet piece to the Country Living Fair.  I can totally see the drawers open with my products spilling out of them.  And here's the back of the piece.  It's bead board covered in paint as well.
So I am hoping this vintage treasure will bring me some good mojo in the coming months.  I can only imagine a happy artist could create such a mess!!

10 comments:

mama bleu said...

That is a SWEET find. Yes....I am jealous!!

Beth Macre said...

Love the art cabinet!
I also almost took off part of my thumb in college with an xacto! haha...still use them though.
Looks like you guys had fun.

bee good design said...

SCORE! Next time you go, give me a buzz - I'm a sucker for Scotts and always looking for a buddy to go with!

Christy

Melissa I. said...

WOWSERS!!! What a find!! Awesome!

Isabel said...

Awesome treasures indeed!!!! Lucky girl!!!:O) Love the new banner:O)

~ Dawn ~ said...

Yeah for you! What a find with a cherry on top (or inside I should say)! I LOVE the new look of your blog and am so glad you have kept Maddie in your new logo! And I have a question... how do you get the stand alone pages on blogger! I have googled and looked and can't figure out how you and some other nifty bloggers are doing that! I hope you will share! :0)

Kerry said...

I LOVE shopping at markets. You have to be spontaneous and live in the moment to come away fulfilled. You have done so well at this one! What a wonderful find in your arty set of drawers.

Anonymous said...

that has to be the coolest find of all time - couldn't be more jealous!!!!! bet you'll be super inspired to get creative

Ropa interior femenina said...

I have found great ideas for your blog. It's really a source of inspiration. I congratulate you and send my greatest congratulations. It's a real pleasure to read you

Gafas de sol said...

Fantastic work full of creativity. Congratulations. Continue your path!

Related Posts with Thumbnails