9.03.2010

And the Winner is....

WOOHOO!  carlanda! 

she said the following in her comment:
I love your blog and all work work!  (me blushing) especially old trailers.  i guess right now it would have to be metal, since i am taking a metalsmithing class from stephanie lee.  way fun and different.  pick me please!!

So a funny story about this.....I printed out the comments, cut them up and placed them in a bowl, actually the first bowl wasn't BIG enough, so I chose a second bowl.  (I BIG puffy heart comments!!)  I tried to get Lily in on the drawing which only freaked her out.  So instead I sat down, closed my eyes and picked.  And then giggled, because this sweet lady I met in Las Vegas at Art and Soul.  We took Lisa Kaus's class together.  We just happened to be getting our supply of paint at the same time, and unfortunately for her the red I chose was really excited about the class as well because upon opening it it exploded.  Literally up and all over Carlanda.   Well Carlanda, I guess this is the dutch door theory in action, we opened the top half in Vegas, the bottom half today!  So congrats.  Send your address my way (again) and I'll get your truck in the mail Tuesday!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like she deserved to win..... She'll be so happy.

gypsysticks said...

how special that you personally know the lucky winner. I'm sure she'll enjoy having such a special reflection of you in her home.

B said...

Interesting that one of your bloggers is collecting found objects...specifically squished bottle caps. I've been collecting those too! I love the rusty ones...such great color and texture. Not sure what to do with them yet! Any ideas?

carlanda brown williamson said...

I am so happy to win this beautiful art piece! jenni is a wonderful artist and all of her pieces just scream happy! lucky me!!! thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails