9.30.2010

New Favorite Display

I love to come up with creative display ideas for my booth.  I know many artisans do not get the idea that the right type of display, even with a little effort can draw twice as many people into your booth.   I mean think about it, a 10'x10' tent is not that big...so I can literally glance on a walk by and know I do not wish to enter the premises.   I recently attended a craft show where I literally wanted to hand out my card and offer tutoring on such subjects!  Anyhoo....that is a soapbox subject for another day.  Today I wanted to show off a little project I completed:

 I found this bust at a thrift store this summer.  I recently found her buried in my garage and took her up the The Vintage-Flea to sel in my booth.  Then when trying to decide how to display my adorable bobby pins it hit me!  A crown on that bust would be super fun!  But when I got her home she was too fancy for my Mattie booth.  Hummmm...How about I make her Mattie Blue?  And voila!  Adorable display that cost $10 for the bust, $3 for the blue spray, and the crown was made from stuff I already had lying around.  She'll for sure be a crowd pleaser.  Now, what should we name her? 

3 comments:

Lollipop Doodles said...

How about Matilda...just popped into my mind when I saw her. LOVE the display. Can't wait to see you this weekend at the Norcross ART Fest. WOOO-WHOOOO!

linwood avenue said...

OMG - amazing! merchandising really is one of your strongest talents :)

Dianne said...

You could name her Mattie Blue...
Matilda fits well too...
Matilda Blue?

Love the display! You are so right about how you display your wares... The more interesting and creative the better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails