9.07.2010

A Little Birdie on the Shelf

This morning after my boxing class totally wiped me out I decided  therapy at the local Books a Million was totally in order before the day went any further.  If you've ever read my "about me" page you know that this is where I go when I need such therapy and it is always accompanied by a cup of super hot coffee (and today a raisin cookie...shhhhh..)  While cruising the crafty rack, which is super low for some reason, I spied this magazine in the racks and did a little happy squeal!  Which btw in a bookstore is kind of like squealing in a library and totally frowned upon.  Oh well.....

Yep.  There are those super darn cute birdies again!  This time for celebrating a special occasion.  Cake toppers are always a treat to make.  I've made several wedding toppers, baby shower toppers and soon a custom 1st birthday!  Please feel free to send me an email if you ever need a silly bird to adorn your cake!

And how ironic that the check came in the mail today for this article...woohooo.....And I'm making more birds right now too!  Crazy signs. 

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Very cool! Congrats!

Lessons Learned said...

wow, Jenni, how very exciting. i may have to see what you do for first birthdays - my niece's is next month! can you believe it?! not so long ago i bought one of your little birdies to use at the shower. i have it on my shelf and it makes me smile all the time :)

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on all the recognition you are getting. I worked in a cake boutique and we never had someone come in with a cutie pie bird to put on top. I wish we had. That would be so cool to decorate a cake around that special bird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails