10.15.2010

Field Trip Friday...Naked Art Gallery

When I head home to Birmingham I feel like I've got to squeeze as much into my time there as possible.  It's kind of silly really, it's only a three hour drive.  But in recent years my trips this way seem few and far between.  Luckily for me though, Vero at the Naked Art Gallery had her grand opening in the new space last weekend while I was there for my reunion.  So as a part of Field Trip Friday, here's a glimpse into the cutest gallery spot ever!  It's a field trip worth taking if you are looking for a day trip for sure!

I looooooove the new color scheme.....orange and naples yellow.  Two tubes of paint that are always in the paint bin.
 The gallery is located in a wonderful artsy community in Birmingham called Avondale Estates.  Lookey here at what a fun house she bought to place the gallery:
And boy were we tickled to walk onto the glass porch and find my artwork right there.  Like right there as you walk in.  I am totally flattered!!!!  The jewelry she has in this retro glass case in the second room back.


Vero was the first gallery to believe in my work.  So she has a very special place in my artsy heart.  I big puffy heart this new space and strongly encourage you to visit it in person!!  Oh and my solo show has finally been rescheduled for MARCH 4th.  So please mark your calendars.  The new space has an amazing room for solo shows.  I want so many people there the fire marshall comes to check it out!!

7 comments:

nacherluver said...

Beautiful shop! Congrats on your display. Looks great!

Diana said...

The art looks great in those vintage frames. The house was made for your art! Congrats!

Dianne said...

Looks like a very cool place! And for your art to be right there when you walk in is outstanding!

linwood avenue said...

looks great, and those colors are definitely you!!! been meaning to tell you that the gallery was highlighted in the last Ready Made magazine. i still have it if you want to see.

soul and culture said...

Oh, how I miss that place.

Alicia said...

Great gallery, an excellent match for your work!

Anonymous said...

This is what grows art, the small luscious gallery. You both look good. A must see.

Related Posts with Thumbnails