10.21.2010

teaching......yes i do love it.

Last Friday morning I had the most amazing morning.  What did I do you ask?  Well.......I worked with 2 Trinity School in Atlanta kindergarten classes to create the most amazing bike paintings for their silent art auction!  Last year at the Trinity Spotlight on Art show I made a very subtle hint (hehehe) that working with the students on a painting for the auction would be something I'd love to do.  So this summer I got the letter asking me if I wanted to participate.  Well that was any easy answer, yep.  So here's the nitty gritty.  For 30 year's this school has put on the most unbelievable art show (more on this part later).  In recent years they've added to the fun a silent auction of the children's work.  But not just any work, a collaborative piece from each class with a specific artist as the guide.  Some kids have gotten to work with Steve Penley!!  (luv him....look him up and see why).  So honestly I am tickled to be amongst such giants.  And my kiddos did not disappoint at all! 

I prepared the wood with black gesso and chalk outlined the bikes.  The kids came in small groups and painted areas.  They painted like crazy and seemed to be totally pleased with their outcome. 

I know I am.  I had to take the paintings home to dry, clean up the chalk lines and add the words we voted to add.  Of course they'll be placed in my salvage wood frames.  I'll be sure to let you know in January what they sell for.......let's keep our fingers crossed they go for mucho bucks!!

Posted by PicasaThe second class made a more beachy bike.....aren't they cutey patootey kids??

2 comments:

Kristin Dudish said...

What a wonderful collaboration - the painting is beautiful!

Pamela Holderman said...

just gorgeous! love working with kids too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails