10.13.2010

New Goodes!

On our way home from the reunion weekend Dad and I couldn't resist a stop at our favorite antiquing haunt in Opelika, AL...Angel's.  And lookey what we found for the soon to be outdoor living area at our home:

As soon as I found it I was like, "Awwwwww....look kids.  I could sit in this and watch you guys play basketball.  And it's a glider.  And it's mattie blue..."  And then I looked at the tag which said $79.00.  OK doable, but then looked up and saw the booth had a 40% off total booth sale which meant this baby was totally.....Sold. 
I also found this amazing half mannequin for modeling my jewelry as it's made, will be great for Etsy shots and perhaps end up one day in my dream adult bath.  And for just $25.00 it was like I said above.....SOLD.  So where is this amazing place?  Angel's is off 85 south from Atlanta at one of the Opelika exits.  Not sure which one, but there are plenty of billboards to guide you!!  Maybe I'll see you there sometime!

6 comments:

vdumas said...

Exit 62! Found a vintage bedspread, large ceramic owl, and old gasoline pump numbers.. 9-12. Love that place!

Linda Thiltgen said...

Awesome finds!! I am so drawn to that turquoise on the great glider. Wish I was closer so I could explore Angel's. It's fun to see other people's treasure.

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

Amazing find on the glider! Wonderful! I may have to take a road trip to Angel's.

Alicia said...

Great finds - I love the glider and can't wait to see more of your jewelry on display! I wanted to thank you because I saw you stopped by my blog even though I haven't managed a post lately. I'm doing my first "table" this Saturday (haven't worked up to a booth yet) so I have been very busy gearing up for that. Your last booth post was very inspiring. I will take pictures of my first crafty sales endeavor and hopefully have them posted by Sunday afternoon. I would love to see what you think, because I really admire your work. In fact, I hope to use my proceeds to make a purchase from your website! Anyway, thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.

Beth HF said...

Anything light blue, peeling and gliding and I'm sold too!

Suzanne said...

What a great mannequin. I've been looking for one of those to display my jewelry, but haven't found one yet. I think it gives your jewelry a fascinating look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails