9.02.2009

Felted Flying Friends

Remember when I stitched all those birds on the way to and from my beach trips this summer? Well, they finally have either a bird cage to rest, mold to stand, nest to lay or Eiffel tower to perch! All 29 of them are done. Whew. Seriously whew. Now to get them all posted into my flickr site here. Here's a sneak peek at a few new favorites: This one is called "Dream Big". At the top I have stamped the words "Dream Big" onto vintage paper. We all need a little reminder to do just that, don't you think?

This is "Mrs. Creamberry". She is a very robust bird, so she really needed to be a Mrs. I love all the embellishments on her nest.


And last, a "Maddie". I found this amazing blue felted wool at Hobby Lobby. I was just tickled because blue sweaters were slim pickings at the thrift store. Well, please head over to the flickr and check them ALL out. I've had a wonderful time creating them, but now I am very ready to move onto painting. I've got the Naked Art Gallery needing more wall pieces and a show in less than 4 weeks!! Oh my!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails