6.23.2010

All Of My Journeys

Yesterday after the free movie, yummy lunch and some bookstore browsing, the kiddos headed to their "spots" in the house and I to mine.  I was able to finish up this piece and start three more!

I've always loved willow trees.  We lived in a couple different houses(understatement there) and cities growing up, so I do not know exactly where it was, but there was a willow tree in my childhood.  And I remember thinking it was quite magical.  All those willowy branches like little arms reaching in the wind. 
My willow tree is a combination of layers of paint and thin strips of scrapbooking paper.  I think the end effect is magical in itself....and the red truck if a real keeper.  The quote is from a greeting card I bought a few years back from Curly Girl Designs.  I just love it.  And it really sums up what life is for me.  Because no matter where I go and what I do, my journey always comes back to right here, right now.....this little crazy life and place I call home.

12 comments:

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

I can't afford an original, but if you make prints of this, I WILL buy one!! I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

I will be making prints eventually....this is one for my upcoming solo show!

Lessons Learned said...

I LOVE that willow tree. they've always been one of my favorites too. i wonder if it's a southern thing!

Ashley said...

Jenni, I LOVE the quote on that painting! I just bought one of your necklaces with the same quote on it from Resurrect Antiques in Opelika. I work there now, and I LOVE it!!!

Jennifer said...

I love the new paintings, so fun and full of life.

danielle daniel said...

OH, I just love this post! I too am a fan of willow trees...they are just so poetic and they stand as if they all have a great story to tell. Good luck with your show! I just LOVE your work and your spirit. xo

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Looks great!!! I love that my kids and I all have our spots in the house also.

Robin said...

That willow tree is great. What a good idea with the scrapbook paper, gives it an extra zing for sure. I grew up with a willow tree too. I used to drag my dolls out there with a blanket and sit under it and play. Whenever I see willow trees it always brings a good feeling.

Vintage Remixed said...

Jenni,

This one is beautiful. I love the old truck parked under the willow tree. You are so talented and I love how you place them in an recycled wood frame. Maybe I'll get to meet you soon. I told Valerie I would like to get a booth closer to fall.

Kerri said...

i have an affection for willows- there were many by a little pond by my childhood home. i always thought they were so elegant.

i LOVE your artwork! :)

Unknown said...

I love it! My grandpa had that truck... brings back memories. So sweet!!

Nic Hohn said...

hooray for you, getting so much painting done during school holis!

Related Posts with Thumbnails