6.25.2010

On Being Brave

Winnie the Pooh said the quote above embedded into my necklace,"you are braver than you think."   Have you ever thought about that?  That inside you, maybe buried somewhere, you are brave?   I think of army men when I think of brave.  But honestly, each of us has snipits of bravery in us that we exhibit everyday.  Maybe not the going off to war type of bravery, but battles right in our own little heads.   Are you brave enough to show your most authentic self with someone other than yourself?  Are you ready to try that new hobby or job?  Are you ready to introduce yourself to someone new?  Are you brave enough to let go of the past and enter the future without the baggage?  Are you brave enough to leave a comment on someone's blog you admire?  Think about how you can be brave ......write it on a sticky note as a gentle reminder that you are braver than you think.  Then watch as your heart opens up to new possibilities.  And that little youcan'tdothat talk in the back of your mind disappears. 

7 comments:

LR said...

very powerful message on that stunning necklace. i like how we can be brave in the little and big things everyday. have a great weekend.

Lori Craig said...

Went to look for the necklace in your etsy shop... I want one. :)

gypsysticks said...

thank you for the reminder. :) I feel God is beckoning me to take timid little steps of bravery towards my dream and I thank you for encouraging me through Pooh's simple words that we are all a little braver than we give ourselves credit for.
trying to be brave...

HeARTworks said...

Cute! And a great post! It's my first time on your blog and already am loving it! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Lessons Learned said...

such a great post! and ya got me with winnie the pooh!

Lessons Learned said...

oh, i did a post the other day on a jewelry organizer i did and two pieces of yours were hanging right there, so i linked over to you. it's funny how you pop up.

Nic Hohn said...

needed to hear this today.....
thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails